• 3 tablespoons plain flour
• 1 pinch salt
• 5 tablespoons golden caster sugar
• 3 large free-range eggs, beaten
• 450 ml milk
• 1 whole nutmeg, for grating
• 50 g butter
• 400 g tinned peach halves in juice, drained (use fresh peaches for the best result)
• good-quality vanilla ice cream, to serve
Preheat your oven to 425ºF. In a bowl, add the flour, salt and 3 tablespoons of caster sugar to the beaten eggs. Mix well, then put aside. Warm the milk in a saucepan until lukewarm then stir this into the egg mixture. Grate in about ¼ of the nutmeg.
Grease a shallow ovenproof dish with butter, put the drained peaches on the bottom then pour the egg batter over them. Dot the remaining butter on top in little knobs.
Pop in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the egg has set but still has a slight wobble to it. Sprinkle over the remaining caster sugar and serve with a good spoonful of ice cream on the top. Absolutely delicious!
Enjoy, Dean Stefanic