• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers to taste
• 4 (8 ounce) beef sirloin steaks
• salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in chipotle peppers, and season to taste with adobo sauce.
2. Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill for high heat.
4. Lightly brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill, and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.